Wednesday, March 30, 2016

Spring Colors Bring New Life to Old Table

My spring fever
is making me see 
robin egg blue...

my sister handed me this
little table
and said
paint it or do whatever
you want to with it...


 I got out the chalk style paints
and started mixing up
a robin egg blue...

my inspiration???

little fake bird eggs,
(they're going in a little
nest soon)...



on my palette:
creamy white,
robin egg blue,
rusty brown,
and faded green

first the blue...



then some brown
here and there...



a splash of green,
a hit of white,
a smear here
and speckle there...




then sand and distress...




the dark wax was too dark,
so I toned it down with some clear wax...

and Voila!...


What a fun little project...


such a small table
but what 
a big statement...


 "for sale"
It will be listed on our website,
available to pick up at the store.

Stop in and see the many 
choices of Chalk Style Furniture Paints
we have on hand,
and sign up for chalkpainting class
Every Tuesday evening in April
 from 6:00 - 9:00 p.m.
Click Here  for more info 
on our classes!